Friday, March 03, 2006

When a woman gives birth to a crack baby you don't buy her a puppy!

Mustard: You’ve had it coming.

Ok, so another week another delightful entry. It warms my heart.

The Strip is done. Holy closure, Batman! Yes, almost exactly a year and a half after first doing a goofy panel in MSpaint one boring night, I’ve completed my opus #1. Ok, maybe it’s opus #2 if you count the earlier 5-man sprite comic I attempted way way back when which only lasted like 6 panels. But I don’t know what to feel. Yeah, a little sad that it’s done. On the other hand the prospect of not having to devote such a large amount of free time to it anymore is a definite plus. But either way, I’m happy how it turned out. Thanks to all my regular readers who encouraged me to keep it up as I won’t lie, I never really planned on keeping it up through 6 full episodes.

So what’s next for me? Well, I don’t really know. I’ll probably go back through and clean up a few things such as misspellings at some point. Also the idea of doing a commentary kind of intrigues me and wouldn’t take nearly as much time. Plus I might throw up a section for some of the “special panels” I did for things such a holidays and birthdays not to mention there’s the possibility of putting up the aforementioned “lost 5-man” strip. And no, I’m not going to resume that comic. It’s dead. I was nice while it lasted but I’m not starting it up again.

As for the possibility of a new comic? Who knows. I’ll admit that, while it did take up a huge amount of time, it was pretty fun making this one. And yes, I’ve had ideas for follow-ups. But nothing is happening with that anytime soon. I just want to relax. And as many people have pointed to me that I could probably have done something commercial with the comic had I not used sprites. Course the problem is that I have no artistic ability of my own, so it would be difficult for me to use anything but sprites. So who knows? For now I’ll sit back and enjoy the fact that I did manage to take a project like this and follow through with it all the way to the end. Thanks for reading.

So Oscars are coming up this Sunday. Should be an interesting night if for no other reason than Jon Stewart is hosting. Man, and they thought Chris Rock was irreverent? Anyways, I think I’ve failed on the mission to see all Best Picture Nominees. Just started too late this year and didn’t see any before the noms went out. But I did see both Capote and Good Night and Good Luck. I really liked Capote but I thought the performances (which were outstanding and Philip Seymour Hoffman should easily get the award) were better than the movie itself. Good Night and Good Luck I also really enjoyed with tight performances though a pointless subplot involving Robert Downey Jr and Patricia Clarkson’s hidden marriage kind of took you out of the main story. So we’ll see how this night goes off. But both those movies really aren’t in the running as all pre-Oscar buzz has essentially narrowed it down to Brokeback Mountain and Crash. So we shall see.

Oh and if you haven’t seen the Brokeback to the Future spoof, you’re missing out.

News and Notes:

Do you like to laugh at the stupid/silly/crazy things people say? Do you sometimes find yourself heading to Crowley’s blog to just cheer yourself up with a good laugh? Well then head on over to eavesdropdc.blogspot.org for some fun times at the expense of the residents of DC. Goods times or your money back guaranteed (disclaimer: moneyback guaranteed not valid).

Entourage coming back in June. Wait a minute, that’s 3 months away! Damn you HBO!

How bout them US and Canadian hockey teams? Oh, wait…

Until next time:

“Or, Mel Brooks is on and he is so funny, and you think, 'What a wonderful world we live in that there's a Mel Brooks to go to sleep to.”

”Mel Brooks is never on Charlie Rose, and when he is on he's talking about Nazis and then you go to sleep and you dream about Nazis and they all look like Nathan Lane and you're creeped out for days.”

1 comment:

DCrowley said...

Snow, did you just go to that DC website and paste the entire block of wedding/new years' quotes? All of a sudden some of those are starting to sound familiar...