Friday, March 24, 2006

Good morning loyal subjects! Enjoy your day in Janitoria. Labor until you tire, and then labor some more!

Hi ho Mustard, away!

Can I just ask what the bloody hell is wrong with people in NYC where everyone was drinking Stella Artois on St. Patrick’s Day? I mean I don’t dislike the beer but I don’t think it’d make my top 10 beers and certainly not when there were a multitude of good Irish beers on tap. I mean come on, Stella?

But other than that bizarre aberration, New York was a good time. Had excellent seats to see “Wicked” which I thoroughly enjoyed and yes I’m determined to hunt down the book now. I feel bad for Erin who has read it haven’t to field all my questions of “did that happen in the book?”

Black 47… is there a better band to catch on March 17th? Well probably but they were still darn fun.

So holy flurking schnit is my March Madness bracket totally shot to high hell. After last night I’m down to praying for UConn to run the table. Brilliant job of me to pick ‘Cuse to run to the finals. Momentum huh? Yep, I’m an idiot. But hey, all you Duke lovers got nothing anymore.

Shameless plug for www.emusic.com. If you want an iTunes for indie music, this is your poison. Great bands and it’s ¼ the price of iTunes. Plus you get 25 free songs for signing up. Yeah, the caveat is that you have to commit to at least $9.99 of music but that’s one album off iTunes and you get 4 times as much. It’s doesn’t have every artist. But if you’re a fan of any of the music on the O.C., Scrubs, Veronica Mars, Grey’s Anatomy I’d say you’ll find a good 75% of that music there. It’s nice to be able to greatly increase your music collection while still doing it legally.

If you haven’t seen V for Vendetta, go see it now. It’s the Batman Begins of this year. Dark, intelligent and fun. Natalie Portman gives her best performance, possibly ever (yeah, might actually be better than Garden State). And Hugo Weaving proves that Keanu really would have been completely useless in the Matrix movies if it wasn’t for him. Seriously, even with his face completely covered for the entire movie his acting is that good. And for all the political hullabaloo about this being an anti-Bush thing, it’s really not. It’s about a populace rebelling against a fascist state. Yes, there are definitely some jabs at the current administration but in actuality the source material was a commentary on Britain during the Thatcher regime. And I don’t recall hearing this much outcry when Good Night and Good Luck came out (and if you don’t think that had some commentary on the current US political situation you weren’t really paying much attention, were you?).

New and Notes:

www.eavesdropdc.com. It just keeps growing.

So after catching all up with Veronica Mars, I’ve forgotten to Tivo it 2 weeks in a row. D’oh!

Can I just tell you how glad I am that they moved Bones to Wednesdays at 8? Now I don’t have to flip the channels hoping something better than Freddie is on.

Prison Break and 24 back to back! Glaring… coincidence…overload! And it’s still the best 2 hours on TV. Until next year when Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars go back to back. Come on CW! Do it!!!

I haven’t caught an episode of South Park since maybe it’s first season but holy crap, did I laugh my farging ass off at the death of Chef. Don’t blame Chef, blame that fruity little club that scrambled his brains.

Until next time:

“Aw things were going so good for me and Stewie, but now he hates me again. Brian what should I do to win him back?”

“That depends. Do you want my advice or are you just asking random questions again?”

“What's a hypotenuse?”

1 comment:

DCrowley said...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nda_OSWeyn8&search=leprechaun%20news

St. Patrick's Day in the South.