Thursday, March 16, 2006

I AM A MAN!!!! A MAN DOESN'T WEAR A PURSE!!!!

Mustard… It’s madness I tell you! Madness!

So the time has come once again for all good boys and girls to stop working and start filling out their March Madness brackets. My Final Four could be one of the most bizarre ones around. First of Gonzaga. Cause for some reason I just really like the Zags so what the hell. Next up: BC. Why? Very simple. Cause every since my sister starting attending there I have had the distinct impression that reality has decided to bend itself around them for the sole purpose of pissing me off. Seriously, every ND/BC football game since then has just turned out in the exact opposite outcome of what I want and BC continues to win in basketball as the Irish enjoy the NIT tournament (hey, they beat Vandy by 10 last night. Go Irish.). So what the hell? Instead of fighting it, I’m going with it. Hell, they almost topped Duke for the ACC title. And my championship game? UConn vs. Syracuse. Cause I’m a dirty dirty Big East whore. Always have been even prior to ND. Syracuse is on a helluva role after that Big East tourney so I’m throwing my weight behind that momentum to run through Duke until they run into the Huskie wall and UConn takes home the title. Odds of that Final Four happening? Eh, why not?

You want a great new band to get behind? Try The Subways. Caught them here in DC a few weeks back and holy crap are they amazing live. They have a great alt-punk sound. I highly recommend picking up their Young for Eternity album. Rock & Roll Queen is phenomenal and the whole album will just get your blood pumping. But as good as the album is, they’re just that much better live.

Caught the first episode of HBO’s tons of polygamy fun, Big Love. Must say, I’m really liked the pilot. They took what would normally be a relentlessly stupid gimmick on a modern sitcom, played it completely straight and built a pretty darn captivating show that I can definitely see myself checking out (yay, for on HBO on demand. As if my Sunday TV schedule isn’t crowded enough.).

News and Notes:

Headed on up to NYC this weekend for St. Patrick’s Day (will actually be catching Black 47 that night. Awesome). Also have tix to Wicked which I’m looking forward to seeing. Will probably need to read the book right after watching it though. Stupid obsessive compulsiveness.

eavesdropdc.blogspot.com – it just keeps getting bigger

Holy Veronica Mars cameos, Batman! First Teddy Dunn (Duncan) is on Gray's Anatomy then Tina Majorino (Mac) is on Big Love. It’s like after Buffy and Angel went off the air and all those alums started showing up randomly.

Until next time:

“Clearly I'm pushing some buttons here.”

You couldn't push my buttons if you tried, in fact I have no buttons- please think of me as buttonless. All smooth, like G.I. Joe's nether regions, and by the by, this image has been brought to you by my son Jack who has been yanking the pants off of his toy soldiers and leaving them in provocative positions on my nightstand. It is just disturbing enough that, leaving the house, I'm cranky and less able to suffer fools, which brings me back to you, the fool. I'm done suffering you so go now, go, go before you can write a book entitled 'Help A Large Doctor is Beating My Ass “colon” The Lester Hedrick Story'”

That was a mouthful. Anyway, if you need to talk just give me a call.”

“He seems strangely impervious to my threats. That annoys me.”

No comments: