Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Hahaha! Mine is an evil laugh.

Hola mis lectores de la Mostaza. Well it’s been a long month but we’re pulling through to February. Good for us.

Crowley booted! I’m so proud! Though I have to say I’m a little let down. All the crazy partying the past two New Years, most everyone has gotten sick but yet Crowley remains steady. And then he just gives it up on some random weekend night. Next year Crowley, you’ll get yours at New Years. Mwa ha ha!

However I do have to thank Crowley for getting me hooked on Firefly, the cancelled Joss Whedon space TV series from 2 years back. I’m only 4 episodes in but the more I watch it, the more I marvel at how much better the hour and 20 minute pilot was than any of the Star Wars prequels. It was like, wow, you mean you can do a sci-fi series and actually have such things as character development? No way! It was suddenly like I was watching the original trilogy back when, you know, you actually gave a rat’s ass about the characters. I also love it cause it still has the full implemented sense of humor that both Buffy and Angel had injected into otherwise serious moments. It makes me sad to think that this show could’ve been huge if it had been marketed halfway competently and not hidden away on random nights of the week. But then again this is Fox. Wait, you’re telling me Fox doesn’t know how to properly market decent shows? Really? *cough* Family Guy *cough*.

Then again I guess I should be grateful. Huge DVD sales of the show convinced Fox to let Whedon do a full length movie of the show which will be in theaters in September. Angel was just unceremoniously cancelled to make way for such huge ratings cash cows as the Blue Collar Comedy tour and Drew Carey’s Green Screen and Summerland and The Mountain! What’s that? Drew Carey and The Mountain were both canceled? Summerland was a ratings loser who barely made it through a shortened summer season and the Blue Collar tour is now relegated to the useless 9:30 Friday night slot? Oh, well, I guess everyone makes mistakes, don’t they?

To quote the strip: Damn you, WB!

Ok, enough of the rant. But I do recommend checking out Firefly if you’re a fan of any of Whedon’s other work or if you’re a sci-fi fan who’s looking for something a hundred times better than the sci-fi series you’ll find currently on today or if you’re just someone who actually enjoys well written TV series which you won’t find much of on today’s shows.

After I gave them much shame, both Booter and Erin have updated their blogs. Ok, so maybe it had absolutely nothing to do with me but it makes me feel like a more important person to think that so let’s just go with that shall we?

I will be moving in the next couple weeks so if the blog posts or strip starts slowing down in a week or so, don’t fret. I’ll have them up and running as soon as possible. Very excited about the move cause it’ll be nice not to have to devote half a month’s salary to rent alone. And you know what that means…. MORE DVD’s!!! Just kidding. But not really.

Alright you of the pantalones enérgicos. Until next time:

If you take advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of Hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater.

No comments: