Monday, January 22, 2007

It all started, with a penny in the door. There was a hatred, I had never felt before.

I want Mustard!

I can’t tell you how happy I am to not have to see a Bears/Pats Superbowl. What a Pats/Colts game, eh? I still can’t believe it didn’t come down to a Vinateri field goal as time expired but I’ll take the last minute drive by Manning.

TV is starting to rev back up after the winter hiatus. HBO in particular has been busy with Rome back for its final season and it’s lost none of the violence. Ricky Gervais’ Extras is also back and it’s first two episode featured an Orlando Bloom displaying a whole lot of jealous animosity toward Johnny Depp (“Willy Wonka? Johnny Wanker!”) and one of the funniest scenes on TV this year with David Bowie being inspired for an impromptu song by Gervais’ depressing feelings of selling out.

Oh and to the CW: F%#$ YOU! Are you freaking kidding me? You’re cutting Veronica Mars’ season short and putting an 8 week gap after sweeps to put on “Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll”?!?! I hope whoever green lit this worthless waste of time and money comes down with a scorching case of herpes, I really do. Ricky Bobby is putting that voodoo on you.

But you know what? If they don’t renew either Veronica Mars and Gilmore Girls for next year, I’ll finally be able to not worry about tuning into the CW.

News and Notes:

How great was that Scrubs episode? The only downside is that I think “Guy Love” was the best song and I had already seen it. Still was pretty damn funny.

This is a little old but: Joss Whedon is directing an episode of the Office this year. I’m so happy. The episode should be airing sometime next month. (Also look for an episode directed by J.J. Abrams. Man, everyone wants a piece of the Office these days).

New Shins this week!

Adios Tuna.

Until next time:

“You've seen Star Trek: The Next Generation have you?”

“I haven't no.”

“Why your wife won't let you have it on, is it?”

“I'm not married.”

“Oh, your girlfriend then?”

“I haven't got a girlfriend, I live alone.”

“You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend and you never watch Star Trek?”

“No.”

“Good lord."

No comments: