Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Wow, Oliver Twist just asked for more gruel and you just kicked him right in the junk.

This Mustard is brought to you the by the letter “S” and may contain adult situations.

Do you hear that sound? It’s the sound of things calming down. It’s a beautiful sound. True, there’s still lots of things to be gotten for the apartment but this is the fun part. Spending money. And catching up on all those shows I’ve missed.

First off I can’t even remember when the last time this happened but all of my sports teams are doing well! The Giants are rocking as Eli is coming into his own. The Rangers are actually somehow in first place in the East. And Notre Dame continues to look like it may have something good going here. Now knowing I’ve just jinxed all three of these teams I plan on spending the next 3 minutes knocking on wood…………..done.

So I haven’t seen a movie in like 2 months and I’m starting to get antsy. There’s tons of them out right now I want to see (yes, I want to bloody see Chicken Little but only in the 3-D version. It’s supposed to be amazing new 3-D technology that we’ll be seeing a lot more of in the future) but I just never seem to find the time.

I have been catching up on my TV shows however. As we enjoy this month of sweeps I have a few thoughts:

Gilmore Girls has truly owned this season. I mean the last time I was laughing this hard at a show (see the title of this entry) that’s not really a comedy was during the Buffy/Angel heydays. That’s really the best compliment I can give.

Arrested Development just had one of the greatest shows ever where through the most ridiculously convoluted turn of events the family managed to piss off Japanese investors being mistakenly re-enacting a bad Godzilla movie complete with miniature city. You have to see it to believe it. Seriously, the writing on this show is pure genius.

I’m slowly catching up on Veronica Mars but this season is just getting even better than last years. Consider how highly I regard last season. Well the jump in quality this year is akin to the jump between season one and season two of Buffy. It’s that good.

Lost is just ridiculous now. I mean I seriously have no idea how the hell these writers are gonna keep pulling it off but this is either going to be the most ingenious show ever or the most spectacular trainwreck in the history of television. Either way, I can’t wait.

Then there’s the O.C. Wow. I mean, it’s just been painful. Thank God they’ve finished with that crust old Dean Bitterman bit. Seriously, I was just waiting for the damn bra bomb to go off and Seth to be made Secretary of Partying Down (nothing like an obscure Simpsons reference to confuse the crap out of everyone but Crowley. I’m proud of you Crowley).

Music You Should Be Listening To:

Eels – Shootenanny!

Great album that pretty much runs the gamut of musical styles. Saturday Morning is the big rocking out, windows down song of the album. The Good Old Days slow things down with a Pearl Jam-esque ballad. Love of the Loveless has this light-hearted funk beat to it that’ll get your head bobbing in time. And Lone Wolf just has a great, catchy, low tempo that just builds throughout the song.

Phantom Planet – The Guest

Good ol’ California rock. California naturally is the O.C. theme song and the big number on this album as well. Check out Lonely Day and Anthem. If you like sound of Rhett Miller or the Old 97’s less countrified albums, check this one out. Uptempo, good music.

News and Notes:

Since I realized it would be pretty big, I’ve created an entirely new Greece blog to detail all the events and craziness that happened through the week.

Well you asked for it and here it is. The Strip: Episode VI. The end is near. Sorry it took so long to get out but I think you’ll enjoy it.

New Years plans are set. Let’s get ready to party.

Alright people until next time:

“So, who's your favorite player?”
“Ummm..”.
“Tell him. Be honest.”
“It's Johnny Damon, isn't it?”
“He's so pretty.”

1 comment:

DCrowley said...

So who was supposed to be Nerdlinger?