Friday, November 04, 2005

Glowing like the metal on the edge of knife

The Greek word for mustard is: μουστάρδα. And no, I have no idea how to prounouce it.

So holy cow, it’s been a while an in the meanwhile I managed to get married and spend a week in Greece and move into a new apartment and buy a new car battery. One of these things is not like the other.

Alright, well I’m going to be doing some different format here for the next few entries. To start with I’m tackling the wedding weekend with this one and then after that I think I’ll do a series of quick entries detailing the days in Greece. Cause there’s just a whole lot write about and if people ask how everything was I can just say, why don’t you check out the Mustard? Course people might look at me funny if they ask how Greece was and I say read the Mustard. Ah well.

Anyways:

THE BIG WEEKEND:

So I owe so many people for coming through for me for the wedding. The whole thing was absolutely fantastic and I hope everyone had as good a time as I did.

My Groomsman: You guys ruled. Great job keeping me all calm and collected. Crowley breaking out a bottle of whiskey at midnight the night before was almost as classic as Tom drinking it out of the mini coffee pot from the hotel room. Booter and Crowley did great getting me the flower petals even if they got back from McDonalds about 10 minutes before we needed to leave for the church. But then they wouldn’t be Booter and Crowley if they weren’t running in at the last minute.

Best Man: Tom you saved my ass. I would’ve probably had an aneurysm in the back room waiting for the wedding to start. But you got me through it while managing to take care of everything else that needed to be done.

Family/Friends: You all know how to party. And it’s amazing having such good family and friends to celebrate with.

So highlights of the night:

ND destroying BYU (oh, come on, if they had lost it would’ve been a bit of a bummer).

Borden grabbing a waiter’s tray and carrying the entire wedding parties drinks into the main room (and there were a helluva lot of drinks on that tray).

Me being right about Postal Service’s Such Great Heights being the perfect introduction music.

The fact that upon the introduction of Sean Griffin my entire family screamed out “Booter!”

The choice of Billy Joel’s To Make You Feel My Love setting off a huge debate over who’s song it was and my cousin Joey’s triumph in knowing.

Two amazing toasts by Ashley and Tom.

The food being amazing and Booter being able to eat it (seriously, watching people run around to be sure that he wasn’t allergic to it was pretty funny).

The total klutz that is me stepping on and ripping off Erin’s train.

The total klutz that is one of my uncles doing the exact same thing moments later.

Meatloaf’s Paradise By Dashboard Light being one of the best renditions ever.

Erin’s family not running screaming out of the room after my family’s rendition of said Meatloaf song.

An awesome Conga line through the hotel lobby and back through the kitchen.

One word: Journey.

Watching certain people get very very wasted.

Eerily hearing about how hot my brother was all night.

Leaving to room to the ND fight song.

Highlights of the morning:

Crowley’s voicemail on my wedding night asking for Lauren and Anne’s number as they got into a taxi with a sketchy blonde (who later turned out to be Chris Myers. That’s funny).

Borden naturally doing a knock knock run run at 2 am.

The next morning looking more awake and refreshed than anyone else.

Hearing who was passed out while watching Chris Rock and the noticable omissions therein.

Hearing who was “asked to leave” by the hotel bar.

The fact that Crowley spent the night telling my sister how I was up in the room doing “naughty naughty things”.

(See here for more quotes this weekend)

What a weekend folks. Thank you to everyone who was involved. I couldn’t have asked for a better wedding and reception.

Yes, and to my bride: I love you. You’re wonderful and I could not be happier being married to you.

And yes I fully plan on hearing it for the rest of my life for losing it during the ceremony. So all of you can just shut up.

No comments: