Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Honey, animals don't feel death. That was proven by the scientists at Black Angus.

Mustard: the other burger condiment.

So I know I know, let the screaming begin. Dude, you took two months off, started the strip and now you haven’t updated in forever! What the hell man!? Well the hell man involves my laptop dying due to unforeseeable circumstances this weekend. Luckily I managed to grab all the strip stuff off the dead hard drive but I’ve been without my means to properly work the strip. I should be getting a new laptop today so I can continue the strip back up soon. Really, I will. I promise.

In totally BS news, it looks like Arrested Development is done. This is total crap and just destroys all my faith in humanity. Well at least their choice in television. 7th *&%^#@ing Heaven!!!!! More of these nimrods are watching 7th oops, the cute kid got too old so let’s replace them with another cute bleeping kid Heaven than Arrested Development?! And don’t even get me started that these morons made Wife Swap the highest rated show of the time slot. Honestly, anyone who watched Wife Swap over Arrested Development needs to be ejected from society and force to live a Gollum-like existence underground away from sunlight and electricity. And that’s my rant of the day. Thank you.

Honestly, I just hope that HBO picks it up as rumors are pointing to. That would be fantastic. Put Arrested Development and Curb Your Enthusiasm together? Funniest hour on TV by far.

In good news, Martha Stewarts Apprentice cash-in, oh sorry, “spin-off”, has not been renewed. Honestly, who the hell actually wanted to work for Martha Stewart in the first place? But the reason this is good news is that the more NBC shows that get canceled, the more spots open up for Scrubs to come back. C’mon NBC. Bring back your only comedy that was nominated for an Emmy. Will & Grace doesn’t count. It’s not funny.

Yeah, I still haven’t seen a movie in 2 months but that changes tomorrow when I’ll be at the midnight showing of Harry Potter and Goblet of Fire. Which will lead directly into Friday morning and my inability to function.

A funny thing I’ve started to notice is just how few people have actually seen the original King Kong. Oh, sure everyone knows who King Kong is and that he falls off the Empire State building, but it seems like very few have actually seen the movie. I noticed this when people starting talking about how the trailers for the new King Kong movie make it look like the movie is ripping off Jurassic Park cause there are dinosaurs in it. People, Jurassic Park ripped off King Kong. King Kong had dinosaurs surviving isolated on an island in modern times long before Michael Crichton was even born, let alone made a bazillion dollars on his novels/movies/toys/video games/breakfast cereals/etc. So I’m starting to think that with the upcoming release of the original Kong on DVD, I might have to catch people up and make a night of it. Yeah, the special effects are ridiculously primitive compared to even the most low budget special effects of today but back then it was a revolution. Plus the movie is pretty darn good too.

New and notes:

Really, the strip will be back up soon. I promise.

The Greece blog will also be updated with day 2 shortly.

Caught the Lighnting/Caps game last night. It’s amazing when the beer costs more than what I paid for the ticket.

Go Irish.

Until next time:

“I can't even go in my own kitchen. Bart's in there right now eating frosting off my egg beaters.”
”Don't worry dad, I'm saving one for you. I'll just leave it here in the dog's mouth.”
”No, Bart! That's a really bad storage area!”

No comments: