Monday, January 03, 2005

What is this? Did the Quadratic Formula explode?

Ok, I watched about 50 Strongbad emails this weekend. So sue me.

Happy 2005 everybody! And with that I bring you the year’s first edition of the Mustard. It’s a little difficult for me to write this now as I’m still blinking back my exhausted glazed-over-eyes look while trying to recover from the craziness that was New Years’ weekend. Fantabulous time. The party at the Plaza was great. The company was great. The evenings were great. The drinking was probably too great but come on, it’s New Years’ and everyone need a couple bottles of wine per night, right? Thanks to everyone who came out for it:

Ashley: Congrats on surviving your first encounter with the group and not running away in terror! You now have a permanent invite if you dare to brave us again.

Booter: Shamelessly opening more and more wine…good job. Also winning the prize for most abstract drawing in pictionary ever where “pedophilia with a glove” = “Michael Jackson”.

Crowley: Mr. Dan-Be-Nimble himself. Get that blog updated as soon as humanly possible so we can all cringe at the quotes coming off the weekend.

Erin: Thanks for letting us completely trash your apartment, hon. You’re the best hostess ever! And congrats on whatever it is you won at happy hour (hopefully we’ll have our Ipod soon!)

Lauren: Also congrats on surviving your first encounter. And for not getting hurt when your date face-planted on the beer coated floor.

Me: Woo hoo! I didn’t ruin my suit this year!

So another year has come and gone with its trials and tribulations and toasts. It was a damn good year and 2005 is also looking pretty exciting. I will be starting up Episode III of the strip very shortly. We’ll soon learn more about what the hell is going on with that island on Lost. Scrubs will continue to make us laugh. We’ll be watching the a Super Bowl with a halftime so tame it’ll make nap time at the Vatican look wild. I’m fast approaching my one year mark in DC which is pretty cool. The Oscars are almost impossible to call this year, but that doesn’t mean I’m not having my Oscar bash. The final Star Wars movie comes out in May. A new, darker Batman movie is out this summer which may make up for the really, really, ridiculously bad Batman & Robin. The sixth Harry Potter book comes out in July. Joss Whedon is jumping to the big screen with Serenity, the full length feature adaptation of his short lived Firefly TV series. Peter Jackson is going from one of the most beloved book series of all time to one of the most beloved movies of all time with his remake of King Kong coming out next year. And oh yeah, I’m getting married. You know, cause that’s just a wee bit exciting too.

With Christmas having come and gone I have a bunch of new books, music and movies to review which I’ll get to eventually. I haven’t been going too crazy movie-wise lately so it’s hard to throw up too many reviews. And I don’t want to do a Top 2004 Movie list without seeing a couple movies I think will probably make it. It is Oscar season after all.

But for now, I’m going to go fall asleep cause good gravy I’m tired. And maybe I’ll start watching the Return of the King extended edition (only 5 hours long, yes!) as I drift off. Catch you on the flip side, ya’ll.

No comments: