Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Ah Billy! After the Arctic and the Pacific, you're my favourite ocean.

Mustard: Who could ask for anything more?

So the Oscars have come and gone and the newest Best Picture is the Departed. Good for Scrorcese, I’m happy for him especially since he got his Best Director statue. I’ve yet to see the movie despite the fact that it’s been sitting on my coffee table for the past week but I’ll catch it soon enough.

Pan's Labyrinth totally got robbed. I love Little Miss Sunshine (go Alan Arkin!) but Original Screenplay completely deserved to go to Del Toro’s truly unique script. No real surprises other than Arkin’s win over Murray. And what the hell, Melissa Ethridge wins for Best Song? I’m still under the impression that unless the song is performed during the movie (ie not the end credits), it doesn’t deserve to be nominated. Otherwise it’s just a hastily written song (and 99% of the time complete crap) in an attempt to win an Oscar.

Speaking of Arkin, he’s just been cast as the Chief in the upcoming Get Smart movie. The cast of this movie is just mind blowing. Now just pray that the script is better than Tom Astle’s last effort, Failure to Launch, which was only notable for gracing the world with a naked Terry Bradshaw. I’m gonna go poke out my eyes now.

Venture Brothers is coming back! Season 3 and 4 have been greenlit according to the shows creators. Unfortunately, we won’t see a new season for possibly another year. What the hell people? I understand that since it’s a hand drawn show it takes much longer than the average adult swim show to create, but still, over a year? Boooo! Then again a big cheer for it coming back at all. Make way for the homo-superior!

News and Notes:

Alllllmost caught up on 24. My mini-marathon the other day has me hating hot shot, overly ambitious politicos everywhere. You’re putting the nation in danger, damnit!

So I just got into an old west style showdown in Zelda complete with bad guys going through saloon windows. I love this game.

Now it looks like the Rangers aren’t even making the playoffs this year. I hate sports.

Until next time:

“This was a gift from Lee Iacocca. Twenty year old, single malt, scotch.”

“Here is to Mr. Iacocca, and his failed experiment, the De Lorean.”

No comments: