Thursday, August 24, 2006

What's wrong? You've been listening to Radiohead, haven't you? That's it. I'm putting you on a strict Nelly diet.

Mustard: Deep and I don’t think it’s playable.

Man, what a let down: after weeks of hype surrounding the Nintendo Wii press conference at the Games Convention in Leipzig, all Nintendo comes up with is to announce sequels to Super Mario Strikers and Battalion Wars. While good news, it’s not exactly HUGE. These were pretty much givens to come out. So apparently we’re now marking our date for Sep 14th as the day they announce date and price. Which probably translates to an early November release as opposed to the October release previously rumored. Unless of course Nintendo decides to pull an Apple and just have the equipment ready for launch the minute it’s announced. No, I don’t think that’ll happen but then again Nintendo is obviously going the Apple route in terms of looks and being the different choice in the new gen console wars.

HUGE news: Scrubs will be doing a musical episode next season with music written by the composers of Avenue Q! How friggin' cool is that? The musical episode of Buffy remains one of my favorite TV episodes of all time so I am really looking forward to what the crazy Scrubs people can do.

So notable things about the Teen Choice awards: Host Dane Cook attempting to keep a straight face through the large amounts of [expletive deleted] that was going on around him. I swear some of those acceptance speeches were so full of inane bs I thought he was just going to run up on stage with a baseball bat and start swinging. One which was not bs however was the acceptance speech of one Mr. Nick Lachey. If nothing else, the creators of this crapfest have a sense of humor as they awarded Lachey the best song for his What’s Left of Me song chronicling his divorce from cohost Jessica Simpson. Fox had the decency to avoid cutting to a reaction shot of Simpson after the announcement of the win, something I’m very upset with them for. Of course Lachey is too much of standup guy to make some sort of comment, right? “I just want to say one thing: Um, awkward?” I’ve never been so happy.

So you may be wondering: Why the hell were you watching the Teen Choice Awards? Simple. I was anticipating the debut performance that would rival the Beatles on Ed Sullivan. That’s right: Kevin Federline’s first live performance. I sat through 2 hours of trying not to strangle myself to view the spectacle. And oh, did Mr. K-Fed ever deliver. The fake piano intro with the two boys lip-syncing to the Fed’s lyrics was tremendous but the moment when he was supposed to spring from the piano in “true” hip-hop fashion and he bobbled the mic, almost spilling it to the floor, was pure glee. And things only got better as he launched himself into a pure white-boy poser rap that had Vanilla Ice shaking his head in disgust thinking “it’s been done”. In an attempt to distract from K-Fed’s lyrical torture, there was a dancer pulling off acrobatic moves, hopping all over the stage as if to say: don’t worry folks, I know this is really bad but we’ve got some great commercials coming up so let me entertain you with a flip or two. Alas the entire stage could have caught on fire and burned to the ground revealing Jessica Simpson to be making out backstage with Dane Cook and it STILL wouldn’t have been enough to pull my eyes off the trainwreck that was Federline’s performance.

I really think this man should do the Superbowl halftime. Hell, have him do EVERY Superbowl halftime. The yearly K-Fed performance. I guarantee more people would look forward to see if the man can one up himself than watch the usual halftime snorefest. I think I’m on to something here.

In other news Prison Break is back and stop reading if you don’t want a MAJOR SPOILER: ……ok, so Robin Tunney is dead. I sort of cheered. Seriously, she was awful to the point where I don’t know who I’ll miss less, her or Mischa Barton. Oh and I’m sorry but Thatcher Grey is no replacement for John Billingsley. And they look NOTHING alike.

I hate the HBO is calling this next episode of Entourage the season finale. No, it’s the season mid-way point. It’s coming back in January. Stop artificially creating more seasons than there are. Maybe they should spend a little more time coming up with a pervasive season long plot. Cause right now it seems to be “Vince can’t get a job”. That’s not much of a plot. Oh and this is the greatest shirt ever.

News and Notes:

Holy crap, Episode III Commentary is up. And yes, I know I have a LOT of typos in there, I’ll correct them. And just so you know I’ve halfway through Ep IV so it really won’t be that long. Promise.

To the Red Sox, one word: Ouch.

GA Tech next week baby!

Until next time:

“So, senior year. How was your first day of school, honey?”

“Great. I beat up a freshman, stole his lunch money, and then skipped out after lunch.”

“What, no premarital sex?”

“Oh. Yeah. But don't worry, Dad, I swear you're gonna like these guys.”

“That's my girl.”

No comments: