Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Ah, steak fries. Always soggy.

It’s Mustard time!

So Veronica Mars has officially become the greatest casting show ever! Not content to sit back and let the hiring of Steve Guttenberg be its casting pinnacle, they went out and hired Ed Begley Jr. as the new dean of Veronica’s college. This man may have appeared in just about every TV show ever made. It’s actually frightening to check out how long his IMDB page is. I remember him fondly from such roles as Stan Sitwell on Arrested Development and from the incredible role of Ebner Frost in Santa with Muscles (no, it’s a real movie, I swear. If you haven’t seen it you owe it to yourself to rent it, grab a case of beer, and watch Hulk Hogan attempt to prove that Shadow Warriors 2: Hunt for the Death Merchant wasn’t the worst movie ever made.). I most remember Begley from his guest starring role on the Simpsons where he invents a go-kart powered by his own sense of self-satisfaction.

Harry Hamlin, Steve Guttenberg, Ed Begley Jr. - honestly, if the show casts Peter Scolari next season, I’m ready to just give up everything else and watch Veronica Mars episodes on permanent repeat.

Down goes Pedro! Down goes Pedro! Ok, so maybe that’s a little alarmist, considering they still have a 13 game lead. While the results are out on the extent of his injury, let’s hope that it isn’t too serious. There’s still plenty of time for him to recuperate before the playoffs and that’s when he’s really going to need to be in top form.

Catching the game when they were in town this past Sunday was great. Thanks to my brother and sister for the sweet tickets.

So as if people didn’t hate the RIAA enough, when someone they were suing for music piracy died, they decided to give the family a 60 day mourning period before continuing their litigation (they’ve since decided to drop the lawsuit all together). Now as with any legal proceedings, the RIAA has every right to attempt to continue their suit against the deceased’s estate. But wow, how much bad press is one organization looking to collect?

The Guster concert was quite good if not quite as crazy as past concerts OnTap has taken me to. Guster themselves hit a high note of ridiculousness when the did the rap from Revenge of the Nerds with a woman translating it to sign language onstage. I enjoyed Rogue Wave more than Ray Lamontagne on the opening sets.

News and Notes:

This weekend: Snakes on a Motherf#$%in Plane!

I’m so far behind on music reviews it’s scary but lately I’ve been enjoying the Caesars, the new Guster and Joseph Arthur’s Redemption’s Son. I’ll throw up some more choice reviews in time.

Two weeks and counting to ND football!

Until next time:

“Oh, this is just wrong. Even for you. Look at her.”

“I have watched you pull out a man’s eyes from his head and make him dance like a marionette with his own optic nerves.”

“At least I didn’t break his heart.”

“You don’t know that.”

1 comment:

DCrowley said...

I have to say, I'm a little disappointed in you. Yes, I'm glad you went to the Guster concert, and I fully support the OnTap-action. But really, Snow: you're on a bus full of booze. The next picture shows coolers everywhere. Yet you're clearly able to identify the camera and focus on it (i.e. not drunk) and your cup was not at your lips (i.e. not trying hard enough).

If I don't see some improvement in your conduct here, I'm afraid there may be repercussions.


Also, points for the shirt.