Thursday, May 11, 2006

I started an "I hate Cox" chat room. It didn't work out the way I planned. It's just me, two interns and 14,000 lesbians.

It’s a Mustard Twofer!

Ok, so I decided to post an update after the 2nd half of the day brought several interesting updates.

First off, guess I was only partly right about Libby’s fate on Lost. She was still alive this episode… at least until the end. Supposedly they will be filling in her back story in other flashbacks posthumously (so we get to see her in the background of all of Hurley’s episodes?). I don’t know I buy the whole “we were always gonna get rid of her” schtick the producers are throwing out. I find it hard to believe in the coincidence that they’ve always been planning on killing off both the actresses who got DUI’s even though one of them had just started a storyline and had barely any of her past revealed. But who knows? Maybe I’m just that cynical… ok, I’m definitely that cynical.

So the huge news (and I’m still confused at this timing) is that Nintendo yesterday did indeed unveal SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL!!! Check out the trailer here and prepare to drool. This game looks amazing. Hell, it even manages to give me a solid challenge to the “graphics” problem I was talking about yesterday. And new characters: Meta-Knight from the Kirby games, Wario, a new suit Samus and I-shit-you-not Solid effing Snake!!! Now that’s a way to win over fanboys (remember Metal Gear was originally an old school 8-bit Nintendo game). Holy crap! And that’s just a few of the new characters. But by breaking out Snake, Nintendo is hinting at more 3rd party characters appearing *cough* Sonic *cough*. Not to mention the new main theme is written by Nobuo “Mr. Final Fantasy” Uematsu. I won’t lie, Nintendo may have just won me over completely. But we’ll see how things go.

Apparently Sony has been spending the last few days in damage control over their price. Their argument: Well, it’s gonna have a Blu-Ray player included which will make it the cheapest Blu-Ray players currently on the market. Yes, this is true. However, even though the current Blu-Ray players are over a grand right now, that sure as hell isn’t going to last. No way are people going to switch to next generation DVDs if they cheapest player they can get is a PS3 for $500! AND supposedly the $500 version of the PS3 won’t have an HDMI output meaning that you won’t be able to watch these super-awesome-high-def DVDs in the proper format to make it really worth the switch. So Sony, keep up the whining and watch as Nintendo and Microsoft take away your customers. I repeat: You putz!

Veronica Mars finale = Best. Finale. Ever! Ok, maybe not the best ever but damn, that was one helluva final episode. So many things getting wrapped up including major twists and turns on things you thought were long solved. Either way the 2nd season has been friggin phenomenal and this show needs to be back next year. Hilarious pseudo-fourth wall break when Clarence Weidman is referred to as “CW”.

Until next time:

“Mrs. C! I trust you're well.”
“Well, if it isn't little Miss Teen Getaway. Your dad and I were just dealing with a little trouble.”
“Like Trouble, with a capital T, that rhymes with C, that stands for-”
“Veronica!”
“I was gonna say cute.”

No comments: