Wednesday, May 24, 2006

And there it was, the moment where pity was turning into genuine affection — classic Dorian.

Wherefore art thou Mustard?

Alright, so I took last week off. Why? Cause I was busy as all hell and didn’t have time to write.

So tis the time of year where we say goodbye to all our company. By which I mean it’s finales week. The score thus far:

Prison Break: Meh. I mean come on, they’ve got the damn cops like 30 feet behind them and five guys running across an open field are supposed to get away. I know this show is built on ridiculously convenient twists but unless Geordi LaForge beams them out, they’re screwed. Good double switch on the Vice President killing off the President though.

24: Um, anyone notice that the terrorists were beaten 15 mins into the two hour finale? Yeah, it was great finally seeing Logan get his comeuppance but it was fairly obvious how that was going down. Great job though bringing back the Chinese problem from last season. Anyone else notice how by the 2nd hour they pretty much gave up on the realtime format? Jack Bauer was on a Chinese freighter to Shang-hai after being beaten half to death about 2 minutes after he was kidnapped in the middle of a government operation.

The O.C.: They killed of Marissa. I don’t care. They crafted a well shot sequence tying back the burnt house from season one, even including the same song in the background but by a different person. I don’t care. Caitlin’s back permanently and Volchek is now a murderer who I’m sure will spend half the season running from Ryan’s vengeance. I don’t care. Are we seeing a picture here? This is going up against Grey’s Anatomy next season. See ya.

Greys Anatomy: Denny’s dead. I don’t care. Seriously though I never really saw what was so amazingly super wonderful about the guy. That arc ended exactly as it should so I applaud the writers for not coping out due to his popularity. And Izzy being out of the program? Yeah, she should be. No way in hell should she be a doctor after all that. Again, good job writers. It wasn’t the best finale ever (I know I should be caring about the triangle between Derek, Meredith and Chris O’Donnell [I don’t care what his character’s name is, he’s Chris “look where Batman and Robin got me” O’Donnell] but quite frankly, I don’t really like Meredith either.). But I sure enjoy this show more than the O.C. so it’ll have my spot Thursday next season. Plus the music is pretty good too. I still say it’s an hourlong, overly dramatic Scrubs clone though.

Scrubs: Um, how many pregnancies? Given that Elizabeth Banks is only on for a few episodes next season, I doubt the baby ends up being J.D.’s so was it really necessary to have that cliffhanger? In the end though this season has been one of the best and with the departure of Arrested Development, this show easily is the funniest show on television. If Donald Faison does not get an Emmy… well who am I kidding? He won’t. Sadly that will probably go to Sean Hayes. Look at it this way. Will & Grace is over! This will be their last Emmys!!!

Gilmore Girls: Well that was depressing as hell. I mean come on, did they really have to absolutely trash Luke’s character in order to screw up his relationship with Lorelai? It’ll be interesting to see where they go from here. Logan is back for all of next season so I don’t know how this whole Britain thing will work out. Without the Sherman-Palladinos next season, the writers better start praying they can turn this season into something great next season. I have no doubt the Sherman-Palladinos could have. Without them however…

Alias and Lost finales I’m catching tonight (yes, I know Alias was on Monday. I have it Tivoed). 4 hours of tv goodness.

To be perfectly honest so far the best season finale: Arrested Development. And that was way back in February. Granted it helped that was an excellently crafted series finale. But it was still so far the best.

News and notes:

My little sis (also known by some as EPrime) has graduated BC! So BC gets Condeleeza Rice and ND got me Dick Luger who just rehashed a UN speech? The hell?

Great great article here about emusic.com and how it is a profitable company with a good business model and doesn't have to DRM the crap out of the music it sells like iTunes does. I'm telling you, if you like the music I review on this site or just great non-mainstream music in general, try out this site. So much cheaper than iTunes, the ability to download a purchased song over and over again, and the ability to listen to your non-DRMed music anywhere and on any computer or mp3 player you want is definitely worth supporting.

X3 opens up this weekend. So far mixed reviews but it sounds like longtime fans (particularly those of the Phoenix Saga) are gonna be pissed.

Then again the Da Vinci code got a 22% Rotten Tomato rating and still raked in 77 mil.

Commentary for Ep 2 will be coming shortly. No, I haven’t forgotten about it.

Until next time:

“I’m now hornier than I have ever been and my husband is repulsed by me.”
“Listen, if you really need it that badly, I will suck it up and shut my eyes tight and then do you.”
“Thank you for the sacrifice.”
“It’s because I love you.”

No comments: