Wednesday, December 07, 2005

This is how The Todd gets his self-esteem on

Hey hey, it’s the Mustard.

So tis the season, is it not? You can tell by the marked amount of HOLIDAY SUPER SALE spam I’ve been getting in my inbox. And all of it is pure crap. But the nip is in the air and the apartment is decorated up.

Erin and I celebrated the momentous occasion of getting our first tree (last year doesn’t count because the tree was under 6 feet). It was a wonderful Christmas Sunday involving a tree, a lot of my ornaments scaring Erin (yes, our tree has Darth Vader speaking when you plug the lights in), wine, Christmas Vacation and It’s a Wonderful Life, and a whole lot of sap. Life does not get any better.

It’s been too long since I’ve fully watched It’s a Wonderful Life. It’s really a phenomenal movie. Sure it’s a little saccharine, but it’s never pandering. And it’s not all about the final scene which can melt the heart of any cynic. It’s got some excellent performances and some great dialogue (see Mary yelling upstairs to her nosey mother that George is “making violent love to me”).

So the big TV news is: SCRUBS IS BACK!!!! Starting Tuesdays at 9 in January NBC is running back to back Scrubs episodes. It’s starting out as back to back new episodes though how long that will go remains to be seen. But by god newbie, it’s been way too long.

As far as new TV shows, this season has been pretty disappointing. The only ones I’ve actually gotten into have been Prison Break and HBO’s Rome. Well both of those are over for the season (Prison Break runs it’s 2nd half starting March). I’ve starting catching My Name Is Earl which is definitely getting funnier as it goes along. Last night’s Christmas episode was classic though damn Brett Butler has gained some weight.

With the decline of the O.C., the only real remaining must see shows for me are Gilmore Girls and Lost (and the Simpsons and Family Guy but those are pretty much just permanent fixtures). I have been catching up on Veronica Mars which is again proving that UPN is run by a bunch of nimrods for putting on against Lost. This show could clean up on a weaker night. Joss Whedon’s cameo = hilarious.

News and Notes

Yeah, the Greece blog and the strip have fallen behind. Sorry people, I’ll get to them. Really.

Wow, was that painful watching the Caps beat the everloving hell out of the Rangers Saturday night.

Is it just me or should Congress have better things to do than getting involved with the BCS selection process.

Go Irish!

Until next time:

“Cliff, come on, you owe me.”
”I owe you? Who unconfiscated all your fake college IDs?”
”Who got the
Lincoln out of your ex's name?”
”Well, who helped put that lien against Lee's Walk-In Donut?”
”And who proved that stripper was color-blind?”
”Okay, who am I calling and what am I giving them?”

No comments: