Monday, October 25, 2004

Well.... I did it.

Holy solitaire setting Batman! Are the rumors true? Has it finally happened? Did he really do it? Yes, my friends, it is! I did in fact shave my head..... OK, seriously, this weekend I popped the big one to Erin. And not only that, but she also said yes! So I had one seriously good day on Friday. Ok, I had one seriously good weekend. Hell, I'm having one seriously good week. Great googily moogily, I'm engaged!

Two major major props are going out to Booter and Crowley. They came up huge for me this weekend and there's no way I could have done it without them. You guys were fantastic and I owe you big time for it.

Also thanks go out to Tom for listening to me freak out as I tried to get this all up and running.

Thanks go out to my family for being there for me this weekend and making it all so much easier.

And thanks to everyone at ND who made this weekend absolutely fantastic. You all rock.

And finally thanks to Erin for making my life wonderful each and every day... and for saying yes.
Ok, so I know, that's all much more serious than I normally am with this blog but hey, sometimes life is more serious than others and I owe a lot of thanks to a lot of people. So thank you all.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I also need to say: how much does it suck that BC once again beat ND and we don't get a chance to avenge the loss next season or any other season in the near future? I mean come on! If it wasn't for the whole proposal thing this weekend would've been really rough after that game. As it was, the wonderful event on Friday coupled with copious amounts of alcohol made it much more bearable. And damn there were some fantastic memories and quotes coming out of the weekend. Crowley, seriously, make up a blog and post 'em. Borden, watch your mouth in front of the kids and make sure you remember to test the toilets before flushing.

No real reviews to post up right now. Again no movies and I'll wait to finish up another book or two before posting those though I have to say if you want a good laugh, buy the Daily Show's America. So damn funny.

Hey, congratulation Red Sox fans on an amazing game 7 come back. Don't get cocky and think you're out of the water just yet. Even a 2-0 game lead over the Cardinals isn't close to being clinched. After your last series you should definitely know that.

Hey, congratulations Yankee fans. You've just officially orchestrated the biggest choke in the history of Major League Baseball. You're team is also about to be sliced and diced by Steinbrenner like Leonardo slicing up that pizza in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the movie (did you know that technically that was an independent film? The more you know....).

And a special congrats to A-Rod for the most womanly slap ever perpetrated on a major league baseball field.

That's all for now ladies and germs. To end I present a quote from Get Fuzzy:

“Well God help Oregon. For Beavers are the evil minions of Stan.”
“You mean Satan?”
“No, Stan. Stan the beaver. Granted he’s not as bad as Satan, but by beaver standards, he’s quite rude.”


No comments: