Monday, April 28, 2008

This is the type of Monday morning it was

This conversation came up in relation to the Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker theme party these people http://www.dasbecca.com/ threw for their 5 year old.

See the absurd and yet awesome detail they put into it:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dasbecca/2443797209/in/set-72157604730591124/

Jeff: Someday when I have a kid, I can only hope to compete with this party.

Erin: Jeff, I will never hand-stitch deku people or make a Zelda pinata. Or make bird people costumes. Or give 5 year olds swords. Did you guys see the Hero cake though? Yeah, I'm not making that either.

Jeff: Honey, I’m not saying you have to hand-stitch deku people or make a Zelda piƱata. That’s just silly. You don’t even play Zelda games. So what we’ll need to do is make a little Kirby costume for the baby and give him a baseball bat. Crowley, you can be Wario but you take those whacks like a man and no running over my kid with a motorcycle, do you hear me?

Crowley: Alright, no motorcycle, but I reserve the right to use the rest of his stuff... including the garlic powered superheroism and the down-and-B attack. If the kid hits me with a bat, he's ASKING for a return volley of flatulence.

Jeff: You hear that hon? Crowley's going to fart on our baby.

Erin: I'd expect him to do that even if he wasn't Wario.

Crowley: Remember, there were stipulations there. Only if the kid hits me with the bat. Or tries to swallow me or cook me in a pot. You know, whatever. Hell, even if it drops on me like a rock from twenty feet up. I'm going to leave my options open.

Of course this got me thinking that we must have a Smash Bros party complete with smash ball pinata and bean bag pikmin.

1 comment:

DCrowley said...

I stand by my statements.