Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I just don't see what wrong with having a nice glass of wine with a pancake.

Mustard: Mahalo version.

So just back from a nice trip to Oahu where I did indeed managed to get up on the surf board. I have the pictures to prove it:





Can someone tell me what's going on with airline services? I realize that airlines are trying to cut down on costs but when you're only giving me one mini-bag of pretzels and The Devil Wears Prada for a 6 hour flight, that's pretty pathetic. Speaking of terrible in-flight movies:

Rush Hour 3 - A thousand monkeys typing on a thousand typewriters would scream and throw their poo at the screen if ever forced to watch this worthless waste of celluloid. I now retroactively hate X3 even more after seeing this latest abomination of Brett Ratner.

The Golden Compass - I consider myself a pretty intuitive guy when it comes to movies. And I can watch a disjointed movie and usually find myself accepting convoluted or even gapping holes in logic. But even after wikipedi-ing the source material for this movie, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Not to mention Nicole Kidman doesn't speak in a normal voice the entire movie. She whispers every single line she has like she's just awestruck to be acting opposite a CG monkey. And I like Freddy Highmore. In general he's one of the few child actors who doesn't either outright suck at acting or who doesn't overcompensate by chewing the scenery Broadway style. But he just is terrible in the voice over role. Maybe it's due to recording his lines alone in a studio but he never seems to be conversing in the same tone as the real actors he's supposed to be talking to.

News and Notes:

Finally watched 3:10 to Yuma. What is up with Alan Tudyk always being killed after a funny one liner?

Baseball season is back. C'mon Mets, let's get those bats going. And stop having your pitchers getting injured.

Summer movie season is almost upon us. Stay tuned for the summer movie preview. Coming soon to a Mustard near you.

Until next time:

"It's awesome! It's like the Sith Lords man, there's always only two of them."

"Did you just Star Wars us?"

No comments: