Thursday, November 02, 2006

There’s a loop people and I’m in it. Not only am I in it, I’m the big curvy part.

Mustard: Catch the fever! Catch it!!!

So if I was Bernard right now, I’d be scared out of my mind. He’s the only Tailie left. Anyone else really really want them to start moving on the story here? I realize Lost is all about the mystery but if you’re going to introduce 13 new questions per show, maybe we can answer one or two? I mean yeah, we now know how the smoke monster killed Greg Grunberg but now we’ve got a pirate on the island? Let the Dharrrrrma Initiative jokes begin. Poor Eko. We shall miss him. This is the first time they’ve actually killed off a fan favorite. More power to ‘em.

Wow, John Kerry. Could that have been a dumber move this close to the election? First off, is him stumping for the candidates that great an idea? The guy isn’t all that likeable and quite frankly isn’t going to pull any fence voters. But wow, what a time to “botch a joke”. I say it’s all a conspiracy. I can see it now, a press conference is called where Kerry and Bush face off over the remark only to suddenly smile and hug each other with Karl Rove laughing in the background while good ol’ J.R. wails in the background “My God! Kerry’s screwed us all! Why, Kerry!? Why!?”

Damn you USC! You couldn’t just keep winning or at least lose to a legitimately good team like Cal? Now I have to worry about you coming into the ND game with possibly 2 losses which would make the game next to meaningless. You putz!

Prison Break is starting to lose my interest. They’re like Ricky Gervais. They take a long time to say absolutely nothing. At least Lost keeps you interested in adding in more and more possibilities. Prison Break feels like they’re just adding in more and more filler.

I think Bones has moved into my “most underrated shows on TV” list. It’s a procedural that has some great characters and introduces a lot of humor into an otherwise depressing subject area that prevents the audience from burning out on the darker aspects of the show *cough* Law and Order *cough*. Who would’ve thought David Boreanaz could survive an acting career past Angel? And Emily Deschanel needs to be put into the awards circuit. Her round circle with the 9 year old pageant contestants last night was priceless.

News and notes:

Back to the Bend! Making my first return visit to Notre Dame in 2 years this weekend for the UNC game. Giggity.

So the Wachowski Brothers: The Matrix, V for Vendetta….. Speed Racer? Apparently so. Coming summer of 2008.

Simpsons Tree House of Horror! This Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!

Until next time:

“It's no different than lying to a criminal to get a confession.”

“Or having Hodgins call the FAA with a fake terrorism tip.”

“He did what!?”

“Oh what? Now suddenly there's a line?”

No comments: