Wednesday, October 11, 2006

And get that security tape! I want a Quicktime of my minty-fresh entrance on my webpage by tomorrow!

I love Mustard cause it’s so delicious! Gotta go Mustard!

So let’s jump into it:

Following up last week’s post on Robert Downey Jr. being cast as Tony Stark in Iron Man, the role of Jim Rhodes has also been cast: Oscar nominee Terence Howard. Frankly I’m a little disappointed. They already had the perfect man for the role of the future War Machine who is already comfortable acting in metal armor right here. But seriously, for a superhero movie they’re going very Batman Begins-caliber in the way of casting. Oh, have I mentioned the movie is being directed by Jon Favreau?

Nathan Filion aka Mal from Firefly/Serenity will be appearing in an episode of Lost this season! Frak yeah! According to TVGuide’s Michael Ausiello, he’ll be appearing in a Kate flashback. This man needs to be in more roles.

So need reasons why Veronica Mars is officially the best show on television right now? Ok, let’s just look at last night’s episode:

1. Dan Castellaneta of Homer Simpson fame (and they had him put in a D’oh!)

2. Ryder Strong of Boy Meets World fame

3. Samm Levine of Freaks and Geeks fame (why the hell did they cancel that show?)

4. The continuing use of the word ‘frak’

5. Keith Mars is a badass (yet a sensitive badass)

6. Wallace and Logan’s bet

WATCH THIS SHOW!!!!

Studio 60 has really hit its stride and I am going to be a sad person if they cancel it.

Heroes: Look, you’ve got a great cast and a great premise, now they need to get things moving. If it’s about superheroes you need to get them doing more. Audiences do not like plodding stories where the superheroes barely do anything. Just ask Ang Lee.

Caught the Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning on my day off this Monday and I think congratulations are in order. This is officially the first movie I have ever walked out of! This was just absolutely awful. This wasn’t a horror flick for scares. This was just “hey how can we think up the most twisted sadistic shit imaginable and put it on screen”? Basically it was a big “F you Eli Roth, look what we can do”! Hell I own the first Eli Roth movie (funny enough starring Ryder Strong) and I could not stomach this. Then again this was from the guy who directed Darkness Falls aka the movie with the Tooth Fairy as the villain.

News and Notes:

So the weaker shows are starting to drop off. Now bring back Scrubs!

I’ll be putting up top 5 anticipated rest of the year movies next week.

Did anyone else ever think they’d live to see the day when Nicolas Cage and Peter Fonda would be starring opposite each other in a comicbook movie?

Until next time:

“Yeah. You'll never believe it - a maid from our hotel in New York found the Flash card with all our vacation photos on it. Look.”

“Hot dog!”

"Hot dog"?

“It's an expression of excitement and enthusiasm. Joe and Frank Hardy and I used to say ‘Hotdog’ all the time while we were waiting for the car hop to bring us our malteds at the drive-in.”

1 comment:

DCrowley said...

"Drive-in?"
"I hate you."
"You LOVE me."
"Yeah, but it's all instinct."

Rock.