Thursday, May 12, 2005

Jesus loves me. He loves me a bunch. That's why he puts Skippy in my lunch.

Greetings all. Not a huge update today as I’m completely wiped from work.

So another season over for Scrubs. Sad am I. Interesting setup for next season though. With Elliot leaving the hospital is she being written off or possibly downgraded to guest star? I know a certain person of short stature would be most distraught if that was the case. Also is Jordan being set up to be more of a main character push rather than the occasional guest star? We’ll just have to wait and see I suppose.

So Scrubs is the first show of mine to end along with Veronica Mars. Gilmore Girls and the OC end next week. Luckily there’s still another 3 weeks of Lost. And judging by the previews, it’s gonna be strong all the way til the 2 hour finale.

The summer is fast approaching folks. Now if my damn apartment complex pool would just open. I’m in the mood for margaritas and grilling by the pool.

Music to listen to:

The White Stripes – Elephant

Love the opening guitar riff on Seven Nation Army. In fact the bluesy guitar work in general on this album is just great and shouts to be cranked out as loud as your speaker goes. The softer, balladesque songs like You’ve Got Her in Your Pocket are also quite fine here.

Nick Drake – Pink Moon

Continuing in the talented artists who died way too young (yeah, I also recommend Jeff Buckley), you may have caught him on the Garden State soundtrack. Very calm, almost hauntingly so, this album is just beautiful and brilliant.

News and Notes:

Again I must ask: where didst all the other blogs go?

If there’s one thing TV has taught me, it’s that a good Joseph Stalin gag will redeem any slow episode.

Seriously, I’ve got nothing.

Until next time:

“Hey, settle down!”

“I don’t have to listen to you. You’re a dog. You don’t have a soul!”

“Ouch!”

No comments: