Monday, March 28, 2005

By the by, this moment is so great that I would cheat on that other moment with it, marry it, and raise a family of tiny little moments.

Greetings all. The Mustard returns once again to delight and inform you. Or at least help you waste a few extra minutes.

I was in Florida for the weekend. I miss Florida. Florida was warm. There was a beach there. I got sunburned while laying out, drinking a cold one and listening to a little Jack Johnson (excellent beach/laying out music). It is cold, overcast and rainy here. Damn.

So we’re down to the Final Four. Huzzah for Michigan St. I nailed that one. And I came so damn close with the W. Virginia game. How do you blow that lead? Though I give to Louisville, they’re a great team. Now I need them to not be great and lose to Illinois. The worst part is I have UNC in my other bracket. You know, the one that was blown as soon as Syracuse lost. So that helps me not at all. But if UNC loses this one, and Illinois wins, I’m in pretty good shape. How great was that Illinois game by the way?

Current albums getting playing time (classic edition):

Van Morrison Moondance.

Van Morrison is one of the best lyricists ever and his Moondance album proves it. This is Van Morrison at his best (no, Brown Eyed Girl is NOT on this album. The man had more than one song, people.) The whole album is fantastic. And It Stoned Me might be his best song ever, followed up by Moondance which might be his second best and then with Crazy Love. Great album.

Grateful Dead – Working Man’s Dead

Not a jam session to be found on this album, just some good folk and blues inspired music book ended by Uncle John’s Band and Casey Jones which is one helluva sandwich. No drugs necessary to enjoy.

Random news and notes:

Lost is finally back from repeats this Wednesday as we have a Locke centered episode. Sweeeeet.

Bad news: Arrested Development doesn’t look like it’s gonna make it to Season 3 which is terrible news to anyone who enjoys well written TV. I do not understand this at all. Fox has so much crap on that doesn’t get good ratings or reviews, why not cut those out and try and boost some marketing towards the show that won you a best comedy emmy for only the 2nd time ever and the first since 1999? Damn you Fox!

On the positive news end, Cartoon Network has green lighted a new season of the Venture Bros for its Adult Swim lineup next year. The show is weird as hell but absolutely hilarious.

Speaking of Cartoon Network, the entire season 3 of its Clone Wars mini-series is now up on the main site. With the new 12 minute format, it’s even better than the first batch and leads directly into the opening crawl of the new movie in May.

The spring movie season is starting up folks. Sin City opens this Friday and I can’t wait.

Episode IV of the strip will be going up next Monday. I do have the beginning written and was contemplating putting up a chapter tonight but it’s gonna involve a lot of new artwork that’s gonna take me some time to do. So rather than rush it out I’m gonna give it a week and I promise you’ll have a couple chapters up by next Monday. See? Isn’t this better than the month I took off after last time?

Crowley’s updated his blog again. Go Crowley!

Until next time peoples:

"There are some things I can just smell. It's like a sixth sense. "

"No, actually, that would be one of the five."

No comments: