Monday, March 17, 2008

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Mustard: Like a Guinness on St. Patrick's Day.

Lá Fhéile Pádraig sona daoibh! I hope you're all out following the companies take line and drinking Guinness responsibly. But probably not.

Has anyone else noticed how hard it is to find a movie in theaters you actually want to go see? Sure, I kinda want to see both Semi Pro and In Bruges but with the ease of Netflix and the movie studios feverous desire to release movies on DVD within minutes of their box office revenue taking a dip, it's getting harder and harder to justify paying $10 for a non-prime movie in theaters. I'm sure studio execs would hate to hear that but they just posted record revenue for 2008 based on those higher ticket prices so they can wipe the the tears away with ten dollar bills.

Smash Bros - I love this game. I'm a little annoyed at all the bashing about the Sub Space Emissary Story Mode and all the complaints that it amounts to glorified fan fiction. Hello? What do you think Smash Bros is? It's a fighting game in which Mario can take on Link and Kirby can beat up on Star Fox. It's literally the old "who would win in a fight" discussion. And you're upset when this doesn't yield a Michael Gondry-esque narrative (actually given the increasingly surreal scripts he's generated lately, he might have come up with something like this)? So for Sakurai's sake, lay off the "story doesn't make sense" whining and just enjoy the fact that the cut scenes are entertaining, the mode is something new and different for the series and the game itself is still unbelievably fun. Now if you don't mind I'm gonna go practice a little more so my wife will stop beating me with Kirby (that frakking cooking smash).

News and Notes:

Notre Dame vs. George Mason in round one. It'll be interesting around here for that game.

Baseball is almost upon us. Amen to that.

The Return of Jezebel James - new show by Amy Sherman Palladino. It's ok but that laugh track is so horrendous. It absolutely kills the humor.

Until next time:

"So, you just finished off the bottle?"

"Well, I had to. It's vodka, you know. It goes bad once it's opened."

"I think that's another one of mum's little fibs. You know, like, I'll sacrifice anything for my children."

No comments: