Thursday, April 27, 2006

Super Cool Party People Bid You Super Cool Adieu!

Colonel Mustard in the Conservatory with the Lead Pipe!

I always mispronounced “lead” when I was little. It’s spelled the same as “lead dancer” and that just used to confused the living hell out of me. I also could never pronounce Johann of Johann Sebastian Bach. Stupid foreign names. Moving on…

So Nintendo has finally names its next system. From now on it is no longer the “Revolution”. It is now the Nintendo Wii (pronounced ‘we’). No seriously. It’s the Nintendo Wii. Here’s my favorite reaction to this so far: “Nintendo, You are joking, right??? Wii. Why not just call it the Nintendo WTF?” Honestly, it’s stupid. But then again I thought Xbox was also stupid (C’mon, it just screamed: Look at us! We’re cool! We’re using “X”!!! You know, like Xtreme!!!!) So Nintendo is not gonna win any fans with that name (can someone tell me what was wrong with the name “Revolution”?) but if the system turns out to be great, then who cares what the name is.

Yeah, it’s just starting to get on my nerves as I watch my Rangers just getting the ever-loving crap kicked out of them by the Devils. Hell, I’m starting to root for New Jersey at this point! They look great! The Rangers look like they the forgot how to play hockey!

However the Mets are still making me happy. Now if they can just win next week’s series versus the Braves I’ll be happy. The key is simple: DO NOT PITCH TO ANDRUW JONES!!! And where did that Xavier Nady come from? Damn!

So anyone else just waiting for the cross-over episode between Prison Break and 24? Seriously, in the past 2 weeks they’ve both suddenly brought out a behind-the-scenes shadow organization orchestrating all the events. Why not just slap ‘em together and we find out that “the company” on Prison Break is the same one as the organization that’s pulling Logan’s strings on 24 and being run by Dr. I-Really-Hate-Helicopters Romano from E.R.

Caught Thank You For Smoking last weekend. Might just be the best movie so far this year (yeah, I know, it’s only April). Absolutely hysterical. And despite what I initially had heard, it didn’t make me want to run on out and light up. That award still goes to Good Night and Good Luck. This movie just skewers everyone. Big Tobacco, Hollywood, the anti-smoking movement – nobody gets off free in this movie. Aaron Eckhart needs to be given a lot more lead roles. His voiceovers alone in the movie make it worth the price of admission. His scenes with the “MOD” (Merchants Of Death) squad (Maria Bello and David “Champ Kind” Koechner) had me rolling. Rob Lowe and Adam Brody are fantastic in small roles and William H. Macy continues to thrive in these smaller movies with an outstanding performance as the Senator from the Great State of Vermont. Go see this movie.

News and Notes:

Go Irish! Huge QB prospect Jimmy Clausen has committed to Notre Dame. They have someone to take over for Brady after next year.

EavesdropDC – Ok, this is getting so big that I’m moving it full time to the Links menu.

Still working on Ep II commentary. It’ll be up soon.

Ok, Gilmore Girls in one episode used both the term “frakking” and had Zach and Lanes wedding poster be a take on the cover of the White Stripes album “Get Behind Me Satan”. That’s just awesome.

Until next time:

“Secondly if Junior gets scared, he can always climb in the bed with us. That is what I did with my mom.”

“What do you mean "did"? JD, last Christmas, I walked in on Turk and his mom cuddling together in bed.”

“Turk gets defensive when it comes to his mother.”

“I think you are just jealous because you're mother is dead!”

“Whoa! We should probably take a break.”

No comments: